If you have funding through the Shared Education programme complete the form below and NIFSA will contact you directly to explain the process.
- Prepares both schools to become accredited Forest Schools
- 6-week programme undertaken in the area of your choice e.g. local park or school grounds
- Both schools receive Forest School Kit Bags with all the equipment needed to continue with Forest Schools
- Proven to encourage friendships and break down barriers between communities
- On-line monitoring and evaluation system
- £1750 (does not include transport costs)
Single school or organisation
Please complete the form below
- If you have "Access to a local Park" you will have the opportunity to apply for a Forest School Award, a free 6-week training programme supported by your local Council. Unfortunately, not all Councils are participating yet.
- Otherwise, you will be allocated a Mentor organisation to facilitate your Forest School training (You can apply for a Forest School Award and request a Mentor organisation. There are only a limited number of successful schools and organisations every year securing a Forest School Award and we cannot guarantee your success)
- The Mentor organisation will organise a Forest School session for you to observe. You can attend as many observations as you feel is required.
- NIFSA will register your organisation on the Forest School Awards website
- The Mentor organisation will explain the Forest School Leader Level 3 process including a full demonstration of the online database
- On completion of coursework, when you are confident leading Forest School sessions, NIFSA will organise an assessment day to complete your Level 3 qualification.
- £100 NIFSA Annual Membership + £30 per person registered
- Official Forest School Plaque - £45
- Forest School Starter Kit Bag - £150