Council area: Ards and North Down Borough Council
Forest School contact: Stephanie Sim
Main Forest School contact email address: email@example.com
School website address: http://www.holywood-steiner.co.uk/
Year of Forest School accreditation: 2014
Background: The Steiner School really believes in Forest School. It is just so important to get children outside exploring and playing in nature. Why Forest School is great.
1. It is great when the children head back from the summer to give them a day of being with their classmates in a beautiful space.
2. It helps a class bond, especially if there are new children.
3. Teacher can see children in a completely different environment and discover a different side to them - and ourselves!
4. It teaches them life skills - how to make a fire, be considerate to other people, work in a team
5. Being in nature is just sooooo good.
6. Doing familiar things in an unfamiliar surrounding challenges everyone!
7. They get to know an outdoor space really well, coping with the elements and limitations.
8. Children discover the world does not revolve around them - they live in the world.
9. Campfires are just great!
10. Climbing trees, making huts, telling stories and singing is just the best!
11. There is no tech - children learn to be bored and/or entertain themselves.
Forest School setting: The Steiner School is very fortunate to have fantastic grounds just outside their front door. The children have plenty of space to roam naturally, climb trees and build dens. We also visit other woodland sites.